[Ti] Happy 1 GHz PowerBook users!

XXL xxl at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 15:41:00 PST 2003

> I further hope that they keep all or most
> of the ports behind a cover in the back.

Better give this hope up... Clearly the iBook style hinge that necessitates
the side ports is the coming thing.
I love how my TiBook looks on my desk.. No cables running out the side.
Since the 17" machine will probably grace a desk more often than not, the
side ports will be something I will have to live with, cause I am buying a
17" as soon as they ship.

Another advantage of the iBook style case is the lack of the external hinge
that sticks out of the back of the machine and the smoothly radiused shape
of the case make the machine more resistant to damage if dropped.  If you
drop a TiBook and that hinge or a corner take the brunt of the force it is
not good.  The more rounded case will roll and dissipate a lot of that
energy and reduce the likelihood as well as the severity of damage.

Guess side ports are a reasonable trade-off for the advantages the new case
gives.
-Joel