Recent MacWorld Magazine

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 16:29:35 PST 2003

I had a good laugh at the February MacWorld mag I got in my mailbox today.
Everybody working at the magazine was asked to predict what the next big
thing would be. Of 11 "experts" not one predicted a new larger screened
Powerbook! Most predicted a new evolution of the iPod.

Also, bad news for those of us who just bought 1 ghz Powerbooks...

They tested the Old 800 Mhz Powerbook against the newer 1 Ghz and 867 Mhz
Powerbooks and there was almost no difference in speed between them! In fact
in Quake III and Cinema 4D tests the 800 came out ahead!

This is in spite of the fact that the newer models have a faster processor,
faster hard drive and higher bus speed and a big L3 cache and a much faster
Video chipset.

Explain that, please...

jg