[Ti] Happy 1 GHz PowerBook users!

Chris Volpe CVolpe at beaupre.com
Thu Jan 9 06:05:15 PST 2003

>>Hopefully this is the year of rapid development and most everyone will
learn to embrace it.>>

It's just my gut, but I hereby predict faster-paced, more frequent updates
to notebooks and related products from Apple this year. Jobs calls it "The
Year of the Notebooks" - well, I'm sure that means more than just the two
new PBs, and probably means we'll finally see those cool new peripherals
everyone's been fantasizing about as well. The Ti's form factor is exquisite
- there's a lotta consolation in that machine for me! But I imagine that by
late summer the 2nd rev or so of the new PBs will be out, both will be
faster, get better battery life, run cooler, the 12" will get the cool
backlit keyboard, etc., and we'll see significant changes to the iBook line
as well and god knows what all else. It's a great time to be a Mac user and
the Titanium is absolutely as cool as it was the other day. As many have
pointed out, it just might be the perfect dimensions - there's always a
tradeoff, so for now enjoy having a computer that's not too small or cramped
and not too difficult to carry with you!

Chris, lusting for the 12" for sheer take-anywhere-in-a-backpack power