[Ti] The most disappointing announcement

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Thu Jan 9 12:55:50 PST 2003

Among Phillip McGree's priceless comments from Down Under:

"Consider yourselves to have flunked out on Bleeding Obvious 101."

We need the humor -- thanks, Phil!

Also, John Griffin opines:

"[In the the February MacWorld mag,] they tested the Old 800 Mhz Powerbook against the newer 1 Ghz and 867 Mhz Powerbooks and there was almost no difference in speed between them!  In fact in Quake III and Cinema 4D tests the 800 came out ahead!

"This is in spite of the fact that the newer models have a faster processor, faster hard drive and higher bus speed and a big L3 cache and a much faster Video chipset."

It makes me even happier with my "Old" May, 2002 purchase of a Ti 800!

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com