FW Hard Drive

John Pariseau simplymail at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 16:35:57 PST 2003

I am finally going to plunk out the money for a bigger HD and a case.

I have a 550mhz, pre Combo drive, 20gig.

I am looking for either a portable or large drive.

LaCie has a nice 120 gig drive, in what looks like an aluminum enclosure.

However, I could very well get a 60 gig notebook, and get a compact enclosure, with bus power. I
do not need the portability, but it would be nice. I already have a large FW CD burner, with a
second firewire port on back.

I do not want my firewire port to die on me - is that a 550mhz problem? Or just the previous
generation?

Thanks!