[Ti] Safari Dagger

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Jan 9 16:48:58 PST 2003

>I wonder how Omnigroup, Mozilla, Opera feel about new safari.
>I seems that it is kind of a slap in the face for the companies that
>worked on X browsers.

Opera is the only one who wants to make money on their browser, and
it is a simple fact of life that Mac was a secondary project for
them. Apple has been getting it's butt kicked in the browser wars for
years... the only time I have envious of a Windoze user was when I
watched them surf the net.  It was clear no one was interested in
getting their Mac browser to parity with Windows in performance.

OmniWeb is a part time project of passionate Mac people. Rumor is
that they will adopt Safari's KHTML engine into their next rev.

There is not slap in the face when something like Safari was a need
not being filled by these folks.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com