[Ti] Safari warning...

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Jan 9 17:31:53 PST 2003

On  Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:27:51 -0800 (PST) John Pariseau
<simplymail at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Apple's discussions:
>
> http://discussions.info.apple.com
>
> Under the Safari Discussions.
>
> It appears some have had their users folders wiped due to Safari downloading a
file, and
> incorrectly naming it. Don't take my word for it - go to the discussions. It
is under the Danger
> Danger thread.

Just don't Option (or right) click on a link to a file to download - and
designate a different folder to download it into. There is a chance that
Safari will rename the file (especially dmg files) the same name as your
root directory. Then when the file is downloaded it will wipe out your
entire directory when it is supposed to only erase the original downloaded
file.

Nice!

jg