[Ti] Safari: mod_rendezvous

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Fri Jan 10 07:35:18 PST 2003

That is correct.  I just installed this earlier this morning and it's
working great.

And to answer cbirds's question: Safari has the ability to search for
other Rendezvoud enabled devices/servers.  This allows Safari to
automatically "see" other Rendezvous Macs, or in this case, a
Rendezvous web server.  If you enable the Rendezvous Bookmark Bar in
Safari and you have your OSX Apache server running mod_rendezvous, then
when you click on the bookmark bar, your web server will automatically
be found and listed here.  You don't have to know the name of the
server.  That's the big benefit.  Imagine you're working in a large
company and different divisions have their own internal web domains.
With Rendezvous, you wouldn't have to remember all their names, you'd
just click on the Rendezvous Bookmark Bar and you'd see a list of all
the available domains.  Hope this helps.

-Neil