[Ti] warning to do with upgrading to Quicktime 6.1

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 10:09:00 PST 2003

Dave Friesen tapped out this message on 1/10/2003 12:22 PM

>>A word of caution regarding the Quicktime  6.0 >> 6.1 free upgrade
>>available via automatic Software update.
>>
>>I've just installed this upgrade and, after the required restart, have
>>found that it has totally wiiped out my Shared folder. This is now
>>empty, while it used to contain over 100 files!
>>
>>Of course, this may not necessarily happen to you but I'm pretty certain
>>in my case it was caused by this upgrade.
>>
>>For your reference, I'm running 10.1.5 on a Ti Powerbook.

I am confused as to why it would do this. What has QT to do with a Shared
Folder? This may be more to do with the Safari "overwrite bug" don't you
think?
Why are there so many overwrite bugs in this system?
I am constantly finding people are having to reinstall Jaguar due to lost
files, because we don't know how to replace them otherwise.