[Ti] Quark on Mac

Ron Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Fri Jan 10 12:28:05 PST 2003

"Publishing is dying?"  Yikes!!  If I were him, I wouldn't be sleeping
at night for worry about his business.  If this is true, why did Quark
abandon their QuarkIMedia product shortly after it's introduction and
then later shut down mFactory a year after Quark bought the company
along with its very promising mTropolis multimedia authoring product?
At that time, the rationale was that multimedia had no future.

It sounds like Quark's CEO will soon be presiding over the death of a
[once-] great company ...one product at a time.  How many do they have left?

BTW, I seem to remember that Quark's founder (not the current CEO) once
worked at Apple.  Is this true, or just a wishful irony?

Ron Woodland
St. George, UT