[Ti] Travelstar 60 Gb internal HD

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sun Jan 12 09:23:41 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 10:04 AM, F. Mortes wrote:

> I mean fan noise, whirring, spinning, etc.
>

>From everything I have heard, the pint-sized 60 gig Fujitsu drives that are
being put into the newest Powerbooks would be a good choice. They only spin
at 4200 rpm, but because they have much higher density platters they are at
least as fast as the Deskstars (the ones with 2 meg buffer memory, not the
40 gig 8 meg buffer drives).

Also, they are much quieter, draw much less power and run much cooler. I am
not sure of the price compared to the Deskstars, but if they are around the
same price or less, you should probably add it to your list to consider.

jg