[Ti] OS X on a 400 mhz Was: Poll

Alexandre Kapellos a.kapellos at bluewin.ch
Mon Jan 13 11:57:13 PST 2003

> söndagen den 5 januari 2003 kl 00.39 skrev Alexandre Kapellos:
>
>>> rev. A tiBook, originally 400mhz, 1gig RAM, OSX-exclusively.
>>>
>> Jay
>> How is OS X on a 400 mhz Titanium? Speedy? Reactive?
>
> I can't quite imagine how an OS could be reactive, but that's probably
> my lack of  knowledge of English vocabulary.
>
> If it is speedy is also hard to tell, since that require something to
> compare with.  I'm however quite happy running OSX on 400 mhz, but I
> think a minimum of 500 MB Ram is to be recommended. (have 768 MB myself)

Hi,
By "reactive" I meant to say "snappy". I instaled 10.1 on my Ti 400 with 512
MB of RAM, the speed was OK but the finder was no way as snappy as it is in
OS 9. It was very usable in everyday day use (surfing, etc) but very
frustrating for intensive work (CAD, Photoshop, ArchiCAD, etc...)

Regards,
Alexandre