[Ti] Famous last words dept...

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Mon Jan 13 12:19:03 PST 2003

On 1/13/03 1:24 PM, "Henry Kalir" <kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU> wrote:

>> Oh man...why does that sound like the owner of a losing team "complimenting"
>> his coach, 2 weeks before he fires him? :-)
>
> LOL - don't worry - we're glad you're here writing about the Mac. Plenty
> of PC writers, not too many Mac ones (must be a "market share thing"...).

Well...I'm not really a "Mac writer"...I'm more of a "Mac Talker". :-)

> So...when are the G5s going to make their debut?

They are testing them but I wouldn't expect to see them for another 12
months (but, keep in mind, I said there'd be no new PB's. :-).

> My 1998 G3 300MHz MT is
> beginning to get a bit slow running all those multimedia files.

Yeah it is!

>  The TiG4
> 800MHz is great, but I don't want it to be the mainstay computer for too
> long...

Ah...Henry..? It's not. :-)
<http://www.apple.com/powerbook/index17.html>

Remember, those things are running at 1 Ghz.

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
Live from Macworld Expo - it's Your Mac Life!
http://www.yourmaclife.com