[Ti] Any way to bypass LCD? Use external monitor only?

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Mon Jan 13 21:57:53 PST 2003

b wrote:

> I think I might have done that accidentally at some point. But, not on
> purpose, so I'll try it and see if I'm getting the full RAM off the
> Radeon, when set that way. It'll be easy to verify, as I should have
> higher resolutions showing millions rather than thousands of colors.
> Thanks again.

One thing that I should've mentioned; when working with my external 15"
monitor, which is a CRT VGA unit, the best resolution I can use is
1024x768, but I do get 24-bit color.  The Ti 400 doesn't work with my
22" Apple Cinema display that I use with my PowerMac because it doesn't
have a port to hook it up (but I understand there is somebody making a
convertor that would make it possible).  With a TV set hooked up to the
S-Video port, it seems to default to 800x600 at 60 Hz when I use the
"Detect Displays" tool.
--
Chris