[Ti] Ti Sighting

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 14 08:30:25 PST 2003

Chris Malanga tapped out this message on 1/14/2003 11:08 AM

>This is funny...
>
>Take a look at the website for Jasc Software, makers of Paint Shop Pro
>for Windows, <http://www.jasc.com/>.  Notice what computer the young
>lady is using.
>
>Hmm... interesting that a software company won't make Mac software, but
>likes the computer so much that they'll use it on their site.

Interesting, since creative software is in higher usage per Mac user I
would think that with PC users who generally don't even use their address
book because it is "too hard" to figure out. (I just lent an iBook to
someone who was going to FLA for a while and she brought this huge paper
notebook of email addies with her! Seems she never could get the hang of
using her address book on Outlook for PC. Outrageous! LOL).

Trouble is, this software may be good for what it is, but anything I've
seen coming from it in the way of created graphics, using this program,
is really awful stuff. To me, this is just the common-man PC user's
amateur designer software and they crank out a lot of amateur stuff from
it.

This is not to say that a talented person couldn't do better with it, but
if one is doing something serious, they usually turn to Photoshop or
Illustrator even on the PC, I would think. I know I do but for quick
resizing/reformatting and viewing, for which I might use GCon instead of
firing up  a bigger program.

I guess I'm just prejudiced and this is a broad generalization but I
always feel I can tell the quality of graphics made on the PC and that it
is never as good as what is made on the Mac.