[Ti] Ti Sighting

Daniel Borge dani at borgepalace.com
Wed Jan 15 11:25:50 PST 2003

------------------------------

Subject: Re: [Ti] Ti Sighting
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:30:25 -0500
From: cbirds <cbirds at earthlink.net>

Chris Malanga tapped out this message on 1/14/2003 11:08 AM

> This is funny...
>
> Take a look at the website for Jasc Software, makers of Paint Shop Pro
> for Windows, <http://www.jasc.com/>.  Notice what computer the young
> lady is using.

Nice one...

 > Trouble is, this software may be good for what it is, but anything
I've
 > seen coming from it in the way of created graphics, using this
program,
 > is really awful stuff. To me, this is just the common-man PC user's
 > amateur designer software and they crank out a lot of amateur stuff
from
 > it.

Perhaps, if more think the way you do, then most professional will
be using Photoshop no? And who will be left over to use PSP?
The amateurs no?  ;)
No wonder it's not looking professional then.

 > This is not to say that a talented person couldn't do better with it,
but
 > if one is doing something serious, they usually turn to Photoshop or
 > Illustrator even on the PC, I would think. I know I do but for quick
 > resizing/reformatting and viewing, for which I might use GCon instead
of
 > firing up  a bigger program.

Being a long time PSP-, and a bit shorter time Photoshop- user, I think
I can say that it's a lot of good stuff u can make with PSP. It's the
program
I use for quick resizing/formatting instead of opening Photoshop.

That is of course on my AMD Windows machine, cause on my mac,
there's only one program....  :)

 > I guess I'm just prejudiced and this is a broad generalization but I
 > always feel I can tell the quality of graphics made on the PC and
that it
 > is never as good as what is made on the Mac.

The real artist is the person that uses the program... :)

Daniel Borge