Drive Mounting Issues - Please HELP!

Jason L. Petersen jlpgraphics at usa.net
Wed Jan 15 15:55:36 PST 2003

I am having client that is experiencing a very strange issues with a
PowerBook 800 running OS x.2.3. Both the CD ROM and any external USB devices
that have drives mount (Compact Flash Reader) will not mount. There have
been no drivers installed. I have ran DiskWarrior on the drive and also
have booted in Safe mode. In that case, the CD and Compact flash mounts
just fine! If I restart with it normally, the drives no longer mounts. I
have also pitched preferences as well. I am very versed on dealing with the
intricacies of OS 9 for mounting issues, but on OS X, I am a fish out of
water. Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
-Jason Petersen