[Ti] Sticking my neck out-A Shawn Challenge

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Wed Jan 15 19:53:35 PST 2003

on 1/15/2003 2:43 PM, Shawn King at shawn at yourmaclife.com wrote:

> On 1/13/03 4:50 AM, "XXL" <xxl at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I predict that the 15" TiBook will have the offset-hinged Al case within 120
>> days.  (depending on how much parts inventory exists) Anyone want to make
>> their own prediction, Shawn?  :)
>
> LOL I predict they'll drop it entirely.

I hope not -- I'd like to see the new hinge and case design on a 15" AlBook,
but after my initial reaction to the 17" (this thing is HUGE) to going back
to work on my 500 TiBook, I'm beginning to think that the 17" isn't that
much bigger than my 15"...

Also realize that my TiBook is my only Mac -- and I've developed HappyGear,
DTerm, Projector-to-CVS, and Bouncer (among other things) on it for
Austin-Soft.

Sometimes having an older, slower machine to develop on isn't a bad thing,
but I miss not having a built-in CD-RW (or better yet, a built-in
Superdrive).  While I have AppleCare on the machine, I'm not sending it out
for a built-in combo drive.

I really like this machine, though!  It was the first laptop that I've had
that could be a true desktop replacement.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver