[Ti] Sticking my neck out-A Shawn Challenge

XXL xxl at mac.com
Thu Jan 16 00:09:50 PST 2003

> on 1/15/2003 2:43 PM, Shawn King at shawn at yourmaclife.com wrote:
>
>> On 1/13/03 4:50 AM, "XXL" <xxl at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I predict that the 15" TiBook will have the offset-hinged Al case within 120
>>> days.  (depending on how much parts inventory exists) Anyone want to make
>>> their own prediction, Shawn?  :)
>>
>> LOL I predict they'll drop it entirely.
>
> I hope not -- I'd like to see the new hinge and case design on a 15" AlBook,

THE 12" is just too small for a desktop replacement.  The 17" is just too
large for most who travel heavily.

That makes the 15" a good compromise.  I will buy a 17" to replace my
TiBook, but most of my travel is outside the USA and the security is a lot
easier. (I live, at the moment, in Tokyo)

That said, the very portable 12" and a big display back at the home base
would be sweet... But more than many want to spend.
-Joel

P.S. Have to give Shawn the Richard Nixon Perseverance Award for responding
so quickly to my challenge... You go, boy!