[Ti] Speaking of Macs showing up on PC company sites...

Jeffrey K. Lew jklew at ucla.edu
Thu Jan 16 12:21:55 PST 2003

>What I find more ironic is Intel showing a machine running a
>competitor's processor to promote their own chips.  If you look
>closely, you'll also notice that they reversed the image.  We're
>seeing the PC card slot on the right side of the computer.

No, it's not. That "slot" is a blurred image of the grille slots.
Notice the hole next to it--that's the security cable hole, not the
headphone jack. If it was the headphone jack, we would be able to see
two distinct shaded areas--a short length of grille slots and the PC
card slot.

Also, to Alex and Daniel--the angle of the PowerBook's base makes it
look like the keyboard goes to the edge. Enlarge the picture to twice
normal size (if you downloaded the SWF, you can play it in
Quicktime), and you'll see a small light area corresponding to the
space between the keyboard and the edge. Also, look at the point
where the power button should be, and you'll see a slight blemish.
And you can see the man's pants through the gap between the display
and the base. And you can see the two screws in the edge of the
display.

Geez, too much time on my hands...

Jeff Lew
UCLA Atmospheric Sciences