[Ti] Happy 1 Ghz Powerbook users!

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Thu Jan 16 13:10:26 PST 2003

Shawn King <shawn at yourmaclife.com> writes:
> Sorry but store employees *rarely* if ever have any "inside info" as
> to when
> new machines are coming out.
>
> And, I guarantee you, with Apple's penchant for security, *no* Apple
> store
> employee had any idea this was going to happen.

Yes, that's definitely true.  I work closely with an Apple reseller (I
work for an Apple Authorized Service Provider), and I'm also employed
by Apple themselves, though at a fairly low-level part-time position.
I had no CLUE that we'd get new PowerBooks so soon, though I heard a
speculative rumor (with no real evidence to back it up; aka a wild
guess) probably 5 months ago suggesting that the Titanium form factor
could become obsolete in the near future.  But from that guess, we
expected any changes would either happen when the 1 GHz was released;
so once that rev happened, we figured that it would probably stay the
same way for a while.

Guess not.

Oh well, I've got a 17" on order anyway; I had a 15" 1 GHz on order,
but it got delayed until January 10th for shipping right before the
keynote...  I guess I'm glad of that!  :-)

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html