[Ti] take a cue from Bill Gates

b flipper at macsrule.com
Thu Jan 16 13:34:20 PST 2003

>On  Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:12:00 -0600 Shawn King <shawn at yourmaclife.com>
>wrote:
>
>>  Bill Gates never bought stock in Apple - Microsoft did.
>>
>>  And they not only sold that stock as soon as they were able, they shorted it
>>  to cover their bets.
>>

>Very wise! I see that Apple stock is sliding down again because of their
>latest quarter loss. Not a good time to hold any computer stock.
>
>jg

Stocks are usually 'priced' in the marketplace based on assumptions
'going forward'. If, in fact, people sold Apple because of last
quarter's performance, that's evidence of only two things : One- A
'jittery' market. Two: Inexperienced investors. Period. Apple, on
fundamental grounds, is looking just fine, going forward, but in
times of uncertainty, 'fundamentals' give way to 'jittery', 'any
excuse to buy or sell' behaviors.

If there are LEAPS for Apple stock [which i'm too tired to verify
now], then waiting for Apple to take a 'hit' and buying a long term
future 'call' would be not unwise, to my way of thinking. To each
their own.

~flipper