[Ti] Market Share: With Challenge

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Fri Jan 17 10:34:14 PST 2003

It appears that we have struck a considerable chord with this discussion yet few of us if any have made any positive contribution to the problem.  Now I know that is what the Apple Marketing Department is for.  But we can inspire them.  Right?  FYI, I do think Apple follows this list.  That said:

And Woz said:

In a message dated 1/16/2003 7:06:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, steve at woz.org writes:

> I'm surrounded by Macintosh users but I notice that I'm often in places where almost nobody has one. I stay happy about this by way of a lot of rationalization, and not wanting to
> be a part of what everyone else is.<

I'm not the kind of person to sit around and watch the best platform in the history of computers go quietly into "that night".  So let's kick some PC butt... LOL.  Beats bitching.  Here's a challenge to the list.  Each one of us should actively sell a unit to a current PC user.  Now that would affect the market share.  If you want to do it respond on the list under subject CHALLENGE.  Hell, it makes for a great marketing campaign alone doesn't it?  Think of the print media and TV that could be spun off this idea!   Fantastic!  It's liberating.  I started last night by talking a lifelong IBM user into considering a Mac for his next laptop.  I'm even walking him into the Apple store for a look see.  Let's kick up the jams people...Any other takers?

MBurke