[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri Jan 17 12:09:27 PST 2003

>  > The SECOND Apple actually releases Mac OS X for Intel- (or AMD-) style
>>  processors means that they then go head-to-head with Microsoft.
>>
>>  With Microsoft's record of doing almost anything to stop competitors, in my
>>  opinion that would pretty much spell the end of Apple.
>>

>And risk the wrath of millions of "fanatic Apple users...?" Tha might just
>spell the end of Microsoft!

Apple lost over $1 BILLION in the 2 years prior to Jobs' return
trying to go head-to-head with Microsloth.  That war was lost.  One
of the first thing Jobs did was get rid of the "us vs Microsoft"
mentality and return Apple to its innovative roots.  Apple is
thriving as a niche player. Since the time of Jobs' return, they grew
their cash on hand from $4 billion to over $5 billion before their
stock buy-back.

People who think Apple's business is in decline should read the
Chicken Little fairy tail; according to the media, the sky has been
falling for Apple since 1986. ;-)
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com