Was: Market Share

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Fri Jan 17 14:14:21 PST 2003

This is from Wall Street Journal online and it is the kind of articles
about Apple that show the tendency begins to change in favor of Apple:
http://ptech.wsj.com/ptech.html

A noticeable excerpts from the article: "Despite Apple's reputation for
costliness, this little laptop is aggressively priced. To match its
base configuration, plus Wi-Fi, for $1,899, you'd have to pay a
whopping $2,399 for a Portege 4010 at Toshiba's online store." and

"the new Apple model is the most compact laptop I've reviewed with an
integrated optical drive and a full range of ports and networking
features. It's about 111 cubic inches. Even the tiny Fujitsu is 118
cubic inches and the Toshiba is 135 cubic inches."

Finally: " the 12-inch PowerBook is a dandy laptop -- small, relatively
inexpensive, yet powerful and beautiful. The machine abounds with the
kind of clever design touches for which Apple is known."

Now the more articles like this come the more the undecided will make a
trip to an Apple Store just to see "what this guy is getting all
excited about" and probably buy a Mac.
Apple reports 50% of sales at Apple Stores from declared Windows users.
My personal experience at workshops, conferences and seminar is that
indeed I am no more the lonely Mac user around. There is now a
comfortable presence and it is growing.

Cheers
--
Massimo Marino, Ph.D.