[Ti] Format Zip Disk

Garrett garretts at xmission.com
Fri Jan 17 22:21:05 PST 2003

> Yeah, yeah, I know I can use either Mac or PC formatted Zips with my
> TiG4, but a Mac formatted Zip was requested from me the other day & I
> said, "Sure, I can do that.". I had been using Zips from my old PC &
> leaving them PC formatted so I could exchange .doc files & such
> between the 2 computers. I did re-format one of them for the Mac, at
> least I thought I did. :-)
>
> Anyway, I tried & tried to find a way to re-format a Zip disk tonight
> & have come up blank. Can anyone tell me where I can find the utility
> to do this?

You should be able to use Disk Utility (in your /Applications
/Utilities folder).  That's the way I've been doing it and I haven't
had any problems so far.

Select the Zip drive disk, go to the erase tab, select Mac OS Extended
/ Standard and erase.
You can format back into MS-DOS format the same way.

If you're already using this method and it's still not working, check a
couple of things:

First, make sure you have the whole Disk selected, not just a Volume
(above the drives listing it will say "1 Disk and 0 Volumes Selected").
  You might also try selecting the "Install Mac OS 9" drivers.

Once you've formatted, you can go to the Finder and do a Get Info
(Command+I) and it should tell you what format the disk is using.

HTH,

Garrett
garretts at xmission.com
garrett at untopia.com