[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Mon Jan 20 10:36:36 PST 2003

>IF Mac sales slip far down enough that 3rd parties abandon the platform
>(which was happening when Apple nearly sank in 1997) your needs will NOT be
>met.  There is a critical mass level of Mac sales that must be met or the
>whole shooting match is going up in flames because 3rd parties will stop
>developing for the platform.

IF, IF, IF!  If elephants could fly, we would all be taking flying
poop more seriously!  It is not a market share issue! It is a NUMBERS
issue.  When the number of Macs was dropping faster than a
thermometer at the North Pole (1995) there WAS an Exodus of
developers.  But the NUMBER of Macs being sold and used today is
enough (and growing) for these folks to make money, hence the
resurgence of Mac hardware and software to numbers that continue to
grow almost exponentially.

If I can sell 200,000 products and make $50 profit from each, it
doesn't matter what percentage of the market that is.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com