[Ti] HP color laser -- what's the real story

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Mon Jan 20 11:52:23 PST 2003

Stephen Chakwin wrote on 1/19/03 6:34 PM:

> The latest issue of Macworld rhapsodizes about the HP 2500L, a color
> laser with a list price of just under $1,000.  I'm tempted because my
> work -- trial law involving medical cases

Stephen - my work also is in the legal system - providing image enhancement
and analysis services -- from fingerprint images to murders caught on
videotape. I also provide training and consulting to law enforcement
agencies in this field. That being said - I understand the critical need of
good quality reproduction in your field, and therefore recommend staying
away from laser printers completely. The best printers on the market today
for high quality reproduction are the seven ink based Epson printers. You
will not get sharper images or better color reproduction from any other
printing system. The color gamut in these printers even exceeds that of the
traditional photographic process.

If your work was less critical, and you needed something that produced high
volume, a color laser printer may be a good solution - but for high quality,
stick with the seven color Epson ink jets.

Best,

George Reis
--
Imaging Forensics
18627 Brookhurst, PMB 324

Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and
enhancement for the law enforcement, investigative and legal communities.