[Ti] MS dropping Office for Mac

XXL xxl at mac.com
Mon Jan 20 23:07:38 PST 2003

> On 1/20/03 6:17 PM, "Michael Bigley" <wakinyan at fuse.net> wrote:
>
>> Microsoft (remember MS once announced they were dropping Office for
>> Mac),
>
> While MS has privately threatened to do that, they have never made any such
> "announcement".

 I wish Microsoft WOULD drop Office.  I am tired of hearing about it.
Despite all their wealth, the Microsofties are the whiniest people I  know
of. MS always moans that Mac Office doesn't sell well (at the price they
charge it will never sell too well) but if is is all that critical to the
Mac then why do so few people buy it?  I think the Mac will do fine without
it.

The business market is lost to Apple at this point. "Keynote" currently will
work with PowerPoint and it would not be that tough to adapt other
applications to take up the slack of the rest of the Mac Office Suite.  (And
if I ran Apple those rumors of an "Apple Works Pro" product in the back room
would be TRUE.  And the Presentation app is the hard part.. The WP and
spreadsheet are easier to build)

SO let Microsoft cancel it and shut up. (hmmm, does this sound like a
rant?.. Maybe)