[Ti] MS dropping Office for Mac

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 21 10:28:09 PST 2003

on 03/01/21 09:52, NaegeleWDC at aol.com at NaegeleWDC at aol.com wrote:

> I was appalled to see that MS
> starts charging a hefty price for phone calls after the second one.  Office
> for Mac is a very complicated program, and it's outrageous that MS effectively
> pushes the program out the door and then says to its buyers: "You're on your
> own!"

I have found MS Office support to be very good and free.

You can submit "incidents" for free on their website and you'll get a reply
the next day.  However the best way to get support is via the newsgroups
which are listed on Microsoft's Mactopia website.  Microsoft has some very
knowledgeable people monitoring those groups and they reply quickly with
correct answers.

You can pay a lot of money for the phone service if you want to Tim, but
since you obviously know how to express yourself with a keyboard, I suggest
you instead try their newsgroups next time you have a problem.

Regarding Office, it has a few quirks which certainly be improved if it was
rewritten from the ground up by Mac programmers, but I agree it is more
important that .doc files remain completely interchangeable, worry-free,
between Windows and Mac, the way they are now.

Jerry