[Ti] Alex: a change in topic for a question about which I can get no answer

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Tue Jan 21 14:52:36 PST 2003

Hi Martin

First up, to enter a new topic on this list, reply to any list mail and
enter a new subject line stating with [Ti].

Next could you let us know which model and spec of Ti you have, how
long has it been since you bought it and what country you are in?

OK, One month without your Mac is disgraceful and three is
unforgivable. How long has it been since your Ti came back from its
three month vacation? If it within a few weeks I would suggest you
phone Apple with your new problem ( which sounds like the backup
battery is dead) and blow your lid at them for letting you go for so
long with no Ti and then sending it back in less than perfect working
condition. I have had my Ti from the UK to Amsterdam and back in 3 days
for a repair, three months just leaves my jaw hanging.

The problems that you have reported do indeed sound like your Ti is a
Friday Night Special. In light of your continuing problems talk to
Apple and see if you can get a new Ti as the one you have is simply not
fit for use. The issues you have are not normal at all.

Keep us posted with your progress

Alex
:-)