[Ti] Dual-processor PowerBooks upcoming??

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Tue Jan 21 17:50:19 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 01:46 PM, Gary Mark wrote:

> This was posted on MacOSRumors.com:
>
> "Yes, Virginia....the next logical step for the new aluminum 17-inch
> Powerbook G4 is dual G4 processors. Expect such a beast to premiere in
> the latter half of the year, with its two CPUs each running at no less
> than 1.2GHz."

hey, my rumour is taking off nicely!  =)

> Tell me that this machine wouldn't be running really hot - too hot for
> a LAPtop.  Mind you this 17-incher is already more of a mobile
> workstation than a totable road warrior machine.

part of the idea was that one processor would go into deep sleep whilst
the main processor would remain running...

i think, rather that Apple would be better off going with the IBM
"Power 4" 64 bit Server CPU...

i think i read that the Power 4 is capable of multicore technology...
Four cpu's in the same chip all with on-die cache... =)~

I'm Ready.

Regards,
Lukeintosh

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal  <etyrnal.studios>
etyrnal at ameritech.net   Soundtracks for Film & Commercial -
Photography - Mac in-house & phone support - Audio consultant -
Think Tank - Creative Solutions - TWÎN Personal Networking
lukeetyrnal at hotmail.com  -  1.847.528.5404 (cst)