[Ti] MS dropping Office for Mac

Daniel L Kegan, Kegan & Kegan, Ltd. daniel at KeganLaw.com
Tue Jan 21 22:20:21 PST 2003

Arguing with a lawyer may not be the most effective, or pleasurable, pastime.
Often the best persuasion is not argument, but subtle example--
demonstrate the evidence and let the jury make the right a conclusion.

Lawyers tend to be conservative, and sometimes wish to follow a crowd.
I well remember a computer consultant who, in 1984, advised a seminar
(of attorneys it happens) to simply see what most other people were buying and
then get the same. A guaranteed formula for average performance.

However, many lawyers spend a lot of time with words, and are often
not technically oriented. Given an easy experience, a decent number of
attorneys recognize that the Mac may be an optimal platform for attorneys.
The Mac makes easier for an attorney to deliver well above average performance.
That can translate into happier clients, persuaded judges.

MacLaw has a nice website and list, supports attorneys using Macs.
Our own MacGuide has for over a decade promoted Macs for attorneys and
other reasonable people.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at KeganLaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd
We identify, develop, and protect intangible business assets
and counsel other professionals on legal issues.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * www.KeganLaw.com
ELAN * Organizational Consultants *Publishers of MacGuide * www.Macguide.com