[Ti] Why do URL's die when wrapped?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Jan 22 08:26:24 PST 2003

And so to summarize the test I've just performed,

Eudora successfully sends messages to the list without breaking long
urls while not using the < or >. Eudora also displays the urls as
links while composing the message.

Entourage will cause the message to break unless the user encloses
the url in < and >. Entourage will display the url as a link while
composing.

Apple's Mail will successfully send a message without the < and >.
Mail will not display the url as a link prior to sending. (In fact,
the url breaks in the composition window weirdly and you have no idea
what the heck you are going to get.)

Once again, Eudora wins.  :-)

Sorry but I can't post using my AOL account as I'm not subscribed
with that email account and of course AOL does not allow me to use
its mail client with anything other than my AOL email account. But we
all knew that AOL was junk.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net