[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press

Henry Kalir kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU
Wed Jan 22 10:21:44 PST 2003

> > This is why I see more and more Macs in
> >> the scientific and academic community: they are just popping out as
> >> mushrooms.
>
> Got any numbers for this?
> -Joel

I must be living on a different planet...All I see is *formerly* all Mac
Departments switching to PCs. In my former university - I had to *insist*
on a Mac...and got a 7100 leftover...

Now - I've not even been asked...there's a Dell with a "pentium 4" on my
desk...

I don't think we're going to see any numbers for these kind of "wishful
thinking arguments" Joel...anymore than we'll get to know Peter Pan's
age...

Sad...I wish those who so fiercely argue that all's well would just
realize that Apple's well being depends on a realistic view of things and
realistic solutions on a continuous basis (not just ONE solution and then
rest on your "laurels").

Best,

Henry

Henry H Kalir, MD, PhD