[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Jan 22 11:31:36 PST 2003

>I must be living on a different planet...All I see is *formerly* all Mac
>Departments switching to PCs. In my former university - I had to *insist*
>on a Mac...and got a 7100 leftover...
>
>Now - I've not even been asked...there's a Dell with a "pentium 4" on my
>desk...

Sorry to hear about your personal experience Henry. You are not on a
different planet, but your obviously working at a place with a
prejudiced IT department. Anyone using 7100-era technology to
evaluate the Mac platform is not reasonable or rational.  Just like
racial or religious prejudice, one cannot use logic, reason or even
fact to sway opinions of those who are prejudiced against the Mac.

The fact is that your personal experience doesn't match most of the
world.  Even the major stock analysts are saying Apple stock is a
great buy and undervalued.  I would suggest subscribing to
Versiontracker's daily email of OSX software updates and releases. It
has been really pleasant to watch this list grow exponentially over
the last couple of years, and it may help to offset some of those
negative vibes you are getting from your work environment. ;-)
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com