[Ti] Dual-processor PowerBooks upcoming??

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 22 12:07:24 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 09:07 AM, Roger Snyder wrote:

> On 1/22/03 2:45, "XXL" wrote:
>
>> FWIW, the early word on the IBM power4 chip is that it is as hot as a
>> pistol.
>
>     They could hook it up to a little steam generator connected to a
> turbine
> to generate electricity and prolong battery life.

I'm hoping they'll figure out a way to create chips that will only use
the power necessary instead of ones that use so much that unused power
is lost as heat...

i think the efficiency of chips needs to be improved more.

or they need to design a power management system that will only allow
the exact amount of current necessary to flow out of the battery on
nothing higher...  dynamically  allocated of course

a hot chip reminds me of a hot extension cord...  more juice than
should be running through there...  what ever happened to Super
Conductors?  Room temperature near-zero ohm circuitry?  IF any computer
in the world should have it first - it would be Apple's machines... =)

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal  <etyrnal.studios>
etyrnal at ameritech.net   Soundtracks for Film & Commercial -
Photography - Mac in-house & phone support - Audio consultant -
Think Tank - Creative Solutions - TWÎN Personal Networking
lukeetyrnal at hotmail.com  -  1.847.528.5404 (cst)