[Ti] best e-mail program

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Thu Jan 23 08:50:03 PST 2003

>My only regret is that CyberDog (and PowerMail) use Apple's VTWN (?)
>technology. They locate items in my huge email archives in seconds
>after typing in a few keywords, and order them by the likelihood of
>being what I was looking for. I could scan 100,000 emails in 5
>seconds and my desired result was always in the top few 'finds',
>which carried a percentage figure just like Sherlock does. I miss
>being able to find old emails quickly.
>--

I have never used CyberDog or PowerMail, but search speed is one of
the greatest advantages of Eudora for me.  If CyberDog is/was faster
than Eudora, WOW!  I have not quite 100,000 emails inside of hundreds
of mailboxes that are nested 4-5 layers deep and most searches are
under 5 seconds.  A comparable search in Entourage is 3-7 MINUTES,
and then I often don't get expected results.

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com