[Ti] best e-mail program

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Thu Jan 23 09:43:09 PST 2003

At 11:50 AM -0500 1/23/03, Michael Bigley wrote:
>I have never used CyberDog or PowerMail, but search speed is one of the greatest advantages of Eudora for me.  If CyberDog is/was faster than Eudora, WOW!  I have not quite 100,000 emails inside of hundreds of mailboxes that are nested 4-5 layers deep and most searches are under 5 seconds.  A comparable search in Entourage is 3-7 MINUTES, and then I often don't get expected results.

Eudora is very fast at searching, much faster than Entourage, but it's more than raw speed. With CyberDog I always searched my entire email archive and found what I was looking for quickly. With Eudora I usually try to pre-guess a folder or two and a keyword or key phrase. But I'm not successful very often. Most times I still have to try message after message to find the one I'm after, if I even find it.

With CyberDog I typed a few obscure words that were likely in the email I'm looking for, perhaps something like "Sara dentist". In 5 seconds in might find a few hundred candidates, ranked by percentage of likelihood, and what I was looking for was almost always in the first few finds.

It's hard to remember things that are so good yet disappear.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)