[Ti] USB speakers

Nima Parivar nima at nimatoad.com
Thu Jan 23 12:53:49 PST 2003

> At 12:49 AM +0100 1/23/03, Alexandre Kapellos wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for speakers that work through the USB port and not through the
>> headphone jack of the Powerbook. Does this sort of thing exist? I'd like to
>> limit the amount of cables connected to the computer: usb to hub, ethernet
>> and power...
>
> The USB speakers that came with Cubes also will work if you don't
> need sound quality of the bigger speakers and subwoofer.
<snip>

Yes they will work, but you should be aware that the Cube's USB speakers are
designed to be used with the G4 Cube, or with an Apple Display with an ADC
connector.
These speakers require more power than is provided by a "typical" USB port.

>From http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58676 :

"For this reason, you should only connect the speakers to one of the USB
ports on the Power Mac G4 Cube computer, or monitor listed above. You should
not connect them to the USB ports of any Apple keyboard, other Apple
computer, or third-party USB device."

Just FYI..
-Nima