[Ti/Ai] 12" Screen

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Fri Jan 24 12:15:36 PST 2003

I just saw the new 12" AiBook at Comp USA.  In appearance it resembles the 12" 800 mghz iBook except that it is all aluminum.  What was interesting is the screen luminance.  The 12" Ai screen was apprx. 30% dimmer than the 12" 800 mghz iBook screen.  I pointed this out to the Apple rep and we compared brightness ratios for both machines.  There were both set at 100%.  He's looking into it.

My 1 gig Ti screen is the brightest screen I've ever seen.  It is my understanding that the new 17" Ai screen should be as bright if not brighter.

Anyone else seen a significant lumininance disparity between the ai 12" and the 800 mgs iBook?

MBurke