[Ti] Battery Life?

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Fri Jan 24 17:19:07 PST 2003

On 1/24/03 16:33, "Seymour J. Wolfson" wrote:

> I have one of the original TiPB when they first came out, and, as I
> recall, they were supposed to last about 4 hours on the battery.  I
> have been doing OK for a long time, but most recently I noticed that
> after about 1.5 hours, the battery gives out.  In fact it happens so
> fast, I do not even have enough time to shut it down before it goes
> into the coma state.
> Is this what should be expected or is this battery dying?

    My battery in my Ti 550 did this. After about nine months, it would only
go 1 -1.5 hours. After a month or so, it would run 10-20 minutes, and then
drop from 90% to 8%, and then die in a few minutes.

    I got a new battery, and now I'm back to about 4.5 hours.

    The only other thing you might want to check first is resetting the
Power Manager.

-- Roger