[Ti] dirt slow Ti 550

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Jan 25 10:51:41 PST 2003

On  Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:58:36 -0700 Hector Luna <polonius19 at cox.net> wrote:

> I'd like to apologize for the length of this post, but I've been at it for a
> couple of days and have already tried a lot. I thought it best to be as
> detailed as I could...

I can almost feel your panic!

I seem to remember the one time I had to reinstall system X on my Hard
Drive, everything was dreadfully slow like you describe until I ran "Repair
Permissions" with the Disk Utility. It took a very long time to complete and
scrolled an extremely long list of repairs that needed to be done. I then
did the prebinding repair in Terminal and the fsck check in root.

After doing all this I rebooted two or three times and things became their
usual swift pace again.

Have you done all these things?

jg