[Ti] MS SQL 2000 Worm

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Sat Jan 25 17:55:17 PST 2003

The vulnerability that this worm is taking advantage of was fixed by a
patch MS released last summer.

So if you're going to blame MS for this blame everyone who writes
software that ever has a single bug in it.

But for this particular problem you can blame the lazy morons who
maintain things like database servers but don't keep them patched -
even to the point of being 7 months or more out of date.