[Ti] MS SQL 2000 Worm

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Sat Jan 25 19:18:25 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 09:35 PM, XXL wrote:

>> The vulnerability that this worm is taking advantage of was fixed by a
>> patch MS released last summer.
>
> Why can't they ever get it right before they ship it? They always ship
> Alpha
> CRAP.

Uh - I know we're all supposed to be a bunch of Mac-loving lemmings
here, but how exactly is MS shipping products that require fixes later
different from what every other company does - including *gasp* Apple.

Or I guess iCal just worked flawlessly from day one.
And Keynote is completely without problems.
And OS X was everything it was hyped to be the day it came out?

> Maybe they can get away with  this because they have no real
> competition due
> to their  monopoly status?

Are you just engaging in typical MS-bashing because it feels good?
Because in this particular instance I'd hardly say that MS lacks
competition - especially not in the enterprise database space.