CheckPlugins Crash

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Jan 27 08:04:44 PST 2003

Today, I notice that each time I start my Ti-500 (X 10.2.3), there is
a crash of "CheckPlugins".

This is what the Console shows:

	Date/Time:  2003-01-27 16:15:09 +0100
	OS Version: 10.2.3 (Build 6G30)
	Host:       localhost

	Command:    CheckPlugins
	PID:        222

	Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
	Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000003

Could this be because I have installed the latest HP driver (2.0f)
for my deskJet 950C?
Or what else could explain this Crash, that I have never heard of before?
I do not even know if there is anything I could or should do about it
(apart from get it fixed), if someone is kind enough to explain to me
what is happening to my Ti-book !!

Thanks, as always....

I have noticed that almost every time any application crashes, the
"explanation" is the same:

	Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS
	Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE

Is this indicative of some other underlying problem ?
(for example, what used to cause my Ti-book a lot in the early days
of X. that went away but never got entirely indentified)

Note that I regularly run System Optimizer X 314 or the Disk Utility
repair or CMD-S fsck etc

Will all our lives be better when an X version of Disk Warrior is
officially released?

regards,  Trevor