[Ti] Why do URL's die when wrapped?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Jan 27 13:03:17 PST 2003

--On Monday, January 27, 2003 03:18 PM -0500 b <flipper at macsrule.com> wrote:

> It used to be that email clients sent one long line of text, broken only [on the sender's end] by hard carriage returns, or paragraphs. As i compose this text, here, in Eudora, I can stretch the window so that it spans two monitors and there is no 'wrap' at all. Except for the paragraph 'commands'.

You see the text in your composing window wrapped to the window width. However, somewhere you have a wrap column parameter specified because your message came through wrapped at column 72. If you look at the mailbox in a text editor, you'll see the linebreaks.  However, your Eudora sent the message as format=flowed, so my mail client (as do others), removes the line breaks and flows the text within the display window on the screen.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com