[Ti] Why do URL's die when wrapped?

b flipper at macsrule.com
Mon Jan 27 13:47:13 PST 2003

>>It used to be that email clients sent one long line of text, broken
>>only [on the sender's end] by hard carriage returns, or paragraphs.
>>As i compose this text, here, in Eudora, I can stretch the window
>>so that it spans two monitors and there is no 'wrap' at all. Except
>>for the paragraph 'commands'.
>
>You see the text in your composing window wrapped to the window
>width. However, somewhere you have a wrap column parameter specified
>because your message came through wrapped at column 72. If you look
>at the mailbox in a text editor, you'll see the linebreaks.
>However, your Eudora sent the message as format=flowed, so my mail
>client (as do others), removes the line breaks and flows the text
>within the display window on the screen.
>--
>Dennis Fazio
>dfz at mac.com

Thanks Dennis,

I checked in Settings, and sure enough, under Sleek text & Display
there was an automatic 'hard' return at 76 columns. Quoted text was
set to display at 80 characters. I'm curious to see what the next
incoming message [that contains 'quoted' text] looks like. I changed
the automatic hard wrap to 120, and reset quoted text to 120. I
haven't even gone into the eudora-X-settings yet.

cheers,
~flipper