[Ti] dirt slow Ti 550

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Mon Jan 27 15:53:19 PST 2003

On 1/27/03 12:57 PM, "Hector Luna" <polonius19 at cox.net> wrote:

> on 1/27/03 7:22 AM, Loren Schooley at loren at flash.net wrote:
>

>> Send a top -u to us, while iPulse is at 100%.
>>

> PID COMMAND      %CPU   TIME   #TH #PRTS #MREGS RPRVT  RSHRD  RSIZE
> VSIZE\
>   0 kernel_tas  53.1%  3:12:53  28     0     -      -      -  40.0M+
> 550M+\
> 3> I've looked up "kernel_tas" on Google, but I'm not coming up with anything
> useful. The most useful thing I've found is that someone said it might be
> attributed to hardware/firmware issues. But I don't know what to do with
> that. I got this PowerBook last March/April and haven't done anything
> firmware-wise since. I've just doing the system upgrades pushed by Software
> Update. Can I redo the current firmware over it's current self, even if it's
> the same version? What about hardware tests. I ran the tests on the disk
> that came with the PowerBook and both the long and short tests say that
> everything is OK?
>
> It's still under warranty, does anyone have any experience with something
> like this that Apple has addressed for them?
>
> Thanks again for the help,

> -

Kill aqua. Then you will be in console. Then read top -u and see if the
kernel_tas appears. I fit still appears start killing stuff untill it stops.
A kernel deals with hardware. If you have PID 0 issues, it's because the
hardware bone isn't connecting to the software bone, at the kernel level.
Prolly a device in \dev screwing you up. Kill 'em all 'till it behaves.