[Ti] dirt slow Ti 550

Hector Luna polonius19 at cox.net
Mon Jan 27 18:02:20 PST 2003

on 1/27/03 6:25 PM, Bill Reburn at bill at pacificcoast.net wrote:

> Hector,
>
> Couldn't find my posting, but maybe these may help?
> Be sure to let us know if you find a fix!!
>
> <http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132249&highlight=kernel>
>
> <http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127291&highlight=kernel>

Thanks for everyone's help. From what I gathered from the above listed forum
posts as well as other tidbits I've come across the web, it looks to be a
hardware error, Loren alluded to that earlier referencing low level drivers.

I'm pretty sure that it's the FireWire port since plugging in an external
FireWire HD is what started all of the problems in the first place. I'm
going to try and find the FireWire driver and kill that to see if the speed
issue goes away.

Blaming the FireWire port would also be consistent with another symptom I
hadn't mentioned. I can't get the computer to show up in FireWire target
disk mode on my wife's iBook or on my OS 9 tower. I'm not about to try to
connect my iPod to the PowerBook.

The Ti is still under warranty so I'm sure I'll be taking it in soon. I just
wanted to dismiss the chance that it wasn't a chair-keyboard interface
error...
--
Polonius19
Chief Malcontent & Misanthrope